Home

Wednesday 11 August 2010

OH MY!

Oh wow Bloggettes what high drama there's been here!

I was only abducted by Aliens.... AGAIN!!! I mean how unlucky am I eh? Abducted twice.... I do have to say though that the trip round Saturn and the outer moons of Pluto was actually quite interesting. Its true you can see the Great Wall of China but not you've made a sharp right as you go past the moon. After that it just goes blurry. Aliens aren't little green men either. they're quite tall and a pinky colour with orange ears.... Hmmm is that a hint of disbelief from the back? Erm.... how about I've been baking for England then? Well not England exactly but just heaps of cakes and tons for Bakewell Show - hey they all sold too! Yup its just been wall to wall cakes here folks and and a spot of golf fitted round it too. I've been a teensy weensy bit busy. To top it all my Mojo cleared off too.

Anyway now the baking's eased off a touch Mojo has reappeared!

This card is for our current challenge over at Totally Gorjuss which is a simple sketch, heck I drew it and I only do simple!

I used one of the new digis available at Whoopsi-Daisy a bargain at £1.99 for 4, yes 4! Anyway this little sweetie has been Copic'd and the edge of her coat and hat trimmed with Picket fence Distress Stickles. This is a subtle shimmer and not as sparkly as the other Stickles. I'm a bit on the picket fence about whether I like it or not....;)) I know I'm not keen on the Rock Candy one - it doesn't appear to do anything! Neither sparkles nor shimmers to my mind. Anyway the papers are some old Basic Grey, the Dasher (spotty) is still one of my favourites.


Oh the arty close up! I've used the Stickles on the edge of the Wild Orchid Crafts flowers too. The punch is by X Cut


Do you like the nice shadow effect on her too? I'm not sure whether its my head or my hands!

Anyway have fun Bloggettes and if you see that St Swithin chap make sure he scarpers quick sticks - I'm sick of the rain! bring back the sun!

Hopefully I'll not be abducted again....

7 comments:

Linnie said...

Net she looks amazing ...glad you sold all your baking..but having tasted it i am not surprised your cakes are TOTALY GORGUSS
luv
linniexxx

Di said...

LOL, glad the aliens got you back to make such a gorgeous card Net. Another one who has been lucky enough to taste your fab baking too :o) xx

Traceyr said...

Glad to hear the crafting has returned and that the sale went well of all those cakes!

I love the picket fence Stickles and it works well in your project.

:)

Karen said...

Now that Stickles looks fantastic Net and that card is perfect in every way honey!

YUM YUM to your cakes...I can still taste them and no I don't have indigestion just a good memory hahahaha!!!

Aliens eh? I hope you kicked arse hahaha XXX

Irena said...

Very pretty card.

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - she is so sweet, isn't she (have her tucked away on my 'puter somewhere) x

Kat said...

This is so sweet Net. I love all the stickles. And that image is so sweet.

Kat xx